At AchieveForum, fostering a Gender Balanced culture is a top priority, so we’ve spent some time researching the problem, and better, the solution.
Where do we want to be?
Companies with above-average diversity reported innovation revenue that was 19 percentage points higher than that of companies with below-average leadership diversity – 45% of total revenue vs just 26%.
What does a gender balanced culture look like?
Our definition of a gender balanced culture is where everyone has equal opportunities to reach their full potential, regardless of their gender. It is a culture that ascribes equal value to masculine and feminine treats, where diversity is the default – and not the exception.
Why gender balance matters
- It matters to individuals because we all want to be fully ourselves and reach our potential.
- According to research, teams with more women are more likely to introduce radical new innovations to the market.
- Companies in the top quartile for gender diversity in their executive teams are 21% more likely to have above-average profitability than companies in the bottom quartile.
- Equality between men and women in all aspects of life, from access to health and education, to political power and earning potential, is fundamental to whether and how societies thrive.
Key behaviors of the Inclusive Leader
- Creates a psychologically safe space for everyone to be vulnerable, to trust, and to support each other
- Demonstrates openness to other perspectives and authentically shares their perspective
- Values people for their differences and encourages diversity of thinking
- Focuses on individual preferences – enabling each employee to be the best version of themselves
- Creates an environment that supports employees’ needs satisfaction
- Builds trust with others, even under pressure-packed conditions
- Inspires and engages others by generating development opportunities – believing in people’s potential and supporting them to step outside why they believe they are capable of
In the future, there will be no female leaders. There will just be leaders.– Sheryl Sandberg
Be part of the solution
Want to embark on this journey to establishing gender balanced cultures? Join our LinkedIn group where we delve further into these topics, or request a sample of our learning journey for leaders at all levels.
You can also download a more detailed infographic on this topic for FREE below.